This area is believed to consist of either extremely porous rock (for example volcanic ash) or deep layers of glacier-like ice deposits amounting to about the same quantity as is stored in Mars’ south polar cap.
Oddly, the area gives almost no radar return, therefore it has been called a “stealth” region. The area is considered to be of Amazonian age, the youngest era in martian geological history.
Area: 15.6 km2 / 6.0 mi2
Tract ID: PSP-009015-1775-P04
Local Area: Medusae Fossae
Quadrangle: MC-16 Memnonia
Your order includes the following digital files:
- Highest available resolution image of your tract, in .jpg format
- Image of your tract with registration details in .jpg format, suitable for printing and framing
- Certificate of Ownership in PDF and .jpg formats, suitable for printing and framing
- Short mp4 video file showing tract location on Mars
- Precision geographical files for your tract in .kmz format, for use in Google Earth
- Title Deed text and PDF files showing ownership of the specified tract, and instructions on transfer of tract
- Registration of tract ownership in the Mars and More Planetary Surface Tract Registry
- Links to tract registration in shortcut and QR code form