This tract contains a portion of the rim of Crater 16-003402, which rises 100m (110 yds.) over the surrounding area, then drops back 90m (98 yds.) to the crater floor.
This area is believed to consist of either extremely porous rock (for example volcanic ash) or deep layers of glacier-like ice deposits amounting to about the same quantity as is stored in Mars’ south polar cap.
Oddly, the area gives almost no radar return, therefore it has been called a “stealth” region. The area is considered to be of Amazonian age, the youngest era in martian geological history.
Area: 15.6 km2 / 6.0 mi2
Tract ID: PSP-009015-1775-P02
Local Area: Medusae Fossae
Quadrangle: MC-16 Memnonia
Your order includes the following digital files:
- Highest available resolution image of your tract, in .jpg format
- Image of your tract with registration details in .jpg format, suitable for printing and framing
- Certificate of Ownership in PDF and .jpg formats, suitable for printing and framing
- Short mp4 video file showing tract location on Mars
- Precision geographical files for your tract in .kmz format, for use in Google Earth
- Title Deed text and PDF files showing ownership of the specified tract, and instructions on transfer of tract
- Registration of tract ownership in the Mars and More Planetary Surface Tract Registry
- Links to tract registration in shortcut and QR code form